June 22, 2017
We created sweet memories this Memorial Day Weekend when we welcomed almost two dozen visitors to Windward for our spring open house, the Village Helix.
My understanding is that the Village Helix was born a few years ago out of desires to bring people interested in cultivating and sustaining community to Windward. It has taken shape as a Windward Open House as the call for a gathering specifically tailored to Windward's projects and vision has surfaced.
- Here is some of what we did this year:
- Apple-pear cider pressing
- Goat dairy workshop
- Rabbit harvest demonstration & conversation
- Seeded potlucks where we gathered to mingle and converse
- Campfires with singalongs and s'mores
- Windward Community Q&A
- Herland Forest Walkabout
- Biomass2Methanol Tour, including Gasifier Presentation
- Community & Animal Tour including time with the pigs and goats!
Thank you to everyone who participated in this weekend! It was truly lovely to welcome you to our home.
Check out this slideshow of photos from the event, taken by a new friend attending the gathering, Mike Hedge.